Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What is South Eastern Rubber Stampers?

South Eastern Rubber Stampers, or SERS, are a rubber stamping group, and we meet once a month. We are located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.








Here's our usual meeting details:

Time : 1pm to 5pm, LAST Saturday of the month
Place : Mount Street Neighbourhood House, 6 Mount St, Glen Waverley
Cost : $5 a meeting, (sometimes waived if we have no bills to pay)
Bring : Your stamping stuff, things you have made or received recently, new papercraft goodies you want to try, things you aren't sure how to use, and most importantly, a project to work on.

Contact : If you think you'd like to know more, contact Pauline by email (go to my profile page for that!)

Interesting note - this photo is YEARS old. That tells you two things:

1: SERS has been going for years (since about 1998, I think)
2: I don't take a lot of photos at SERS!

So if you live in the area, get in touch and come along!

10 comments:

  1. Good grief ... how old is that photo? It has to be at least 3-4 years since we were in that location (and seen some of those people!)
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from 2003!!! Six full years ago. I have some other old phots - I might post them for nostalgia's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauline.... am I the longest attendee ???
    I first attended SERS in 1998 ? BTW I still love it and thank you for kepping it all together over all these years. You are a star !

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS...excuse the spelling....'kepping' really means keeping! LOL !( It is a matter of accents I suppose....hmmm ?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Chris is the official longest attendee - she was at the inaugural meeting at somebody's house (before my time)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that at Sharon's house ?

    :-( OK, so I am not the longest attendee...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first meeting was held in early 1998 - probably March or April - at Sharon B's place ... there was Sharon, myself, Sharon G, Beverly B and Helen Y.

    Wow, it was a long time ago ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a star you are to put this together Pauline, many thanks for the memories. Can't remember when I first started going to SERS but it was a long time ago. Must dig out my old photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL... (ahhhh) The last time I saw Sharon was on TV (one of those 6.30pm shows) and she had been flooded out in Queensland....Sharon, where are you ?

    ReplyDelete