Friday, July 3, 2009

A bit more 1999 nostalgia


I haven't run out of nostalgic photos yet, so you have to keep reading. Here's Lizzie Slothuber at Melbourne Papercrafts in 1999 - she was co-founder of The Rubber Gazette. She was selling esoteric stuff like stamp mounting systems (which I bought, and still use).












Here's Jill and Gale at Daisy's unmounted stamp stall. Selling unmounted stamps was a BIG DEAL at this show. BIG.











But let's not forget, I was a real stamping newbie at the time. I'd done a beginner's class with Ellen Eadie at Woodstock only a few months before, then I went to this show. WOW! This is the stall that I talked about most - Stamp-it from Perth. Those boxes are bargain boxes of Magenta stamps. The signs stuck on the boxes tell you that the stamps are priced at $3, $5 and $7. I went nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment