Saturday, July 18, 2009

Paper Arts 2003 - when it was at the St Kilda Town Hall

Tired of paper arts show nostalgia yet? Nope, me neither. Here's some photos from Paper Arts 2003, at St Kilda Town Hall (a venue I really enjoyed).

Here's the venue itself - see, pretty!













Here's a meeting of an altered book group - long distance friends use these shows to meet up in real life.

Second lady along would be Caroline, then Gail, then Danielle, then Stephanie. Danielle's blog is currently neglected (so sad) but has a fantastic tutorial as the last entry.







2003 was the year that Coralee and Anne set up their exciting art enterprise, Journaux. Art Journalling was the Hot Thing of 2003, and they created some amazing blank journals, and goodies to add to them. I totally loved the postage-stamp-perforated letters. Yup, they had a real perforating machine.

I even made them a sample! It was a gym journal. Curiously, the time I was keeping the journal turned out to be the time I started "fainting" during exercise. I wrote all about it. A year later, that turned out to be pretty important, when we discovered it was really a heart issue. So I referred to important "documents" when talking to the doctors. SO handy!




Here's one of their sample finished journals (not mine : don't know who made this one - it's AWESOME). Whoa, nice use of dictionary pages. I'll bet that's where I started using them!










More awesome and unique stuff from Journaux. It was a fabulous stall, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment